This week I'm headed to Norman, Oklahoma to install my newest series, Wyld Flowerz, at STASH. Here are the tools I'll be taking with me. Click image to embiggen.
1. Packing tape for keeping boxes closed
2. Painter's tape - the blue stuff - easily removable
3. Extra picture-hanging wire just in case (Many of these items are just in case.)
5. Wire cutters
6. Needle-nose pliers
8, 9. Screwdriver & bits
12. A pen that writes on (just about) any surface
15. Extra D-ring hangers
17. Screw eyes, small
18. Screw eyes, medium & large
19. Finishing nails, tiny
20. Finishing nails, small & medium
22. Common nails
23. Scotch tape
24. Picture hanging hardware, various
26, 27. Dots. They go on the backs of pieces to protect the wall and keep the art from sliding around.
28. Microfiber dust cloth
- Art, packed up nice & snug
- Business cards, postcards, other promotional materials
- White gloves
- Measuring tape
- Visual inventory: includes thumbnails, titles, sizes, prices, my contact information, and a place for the artist and gallery to sign at install and pickup. I make 2 copies - one for them, one for me.
- Labels for the wall. Sometimes the venue provides these, sometimes not. This time I made them myself.
Let's do this thing.